Nemetschek SCIA Engineer 2019 version 19.1.1023
Release notes SCIA Engineer 19.1 Patch 1:
– Concrete EN: Error when designing circular or oval concrete members with member type general (0) is handled by error message with explanation. Circular or oval members are designable only with member type: column (100).
– Concrete: fixed crash in punching design in special case of column with applied big eccentricity
– Concrete EN: Detailing “Check max bar distance” is active by default.
– Concrete: fixed setting of ‘Undefined’ result value for As,req in 2D concrete design for old projects (broken serialization between versions SEN 19 and 19.1).
– Concrete EN: Issue with PRAD on BeamSlabs, where reinforcement disappeared after editing is fixed.
– Steel: An issue in the steel LTB-check in which the CHI_LT formula contained the BETA and Lambda_rel,extra factors for the general case while it shouldn’t has been resolved.
– Steel: an issue in which SCIA Engineer crashes when adding new lines to the temperature time curve input grid has been fixed.
– Concrete: Correction of interaction diagram for pure compression check
– Combinations: Generation of SIA accidental combination has been fixed.
– The issue with switching of load distribution method on composite members and following crash is fixed
– Export of input load is fixed and is already taken into account for both post-processing environments
– The crash of solver is fixed. The used type of eigen value solver – Lanczos is not able to calculate the problem due to instability so the message is displayed. If it is switched to Polynom, the project is calculated but frequencies are almost zero. It is necessary to make the structure stable to get proper results.
– Steel connections: The reading of the stiffness was fixed for NL combinations.
– Concrete EN: Doubled, tripled stirrups are handled by increasing number of cuts (ns) instead of increasing diameter. Concrete EN: Doubled, tripled stirrups are handled by increasing number of cuts (ns) instead of increasing diameter. Final area of shear reinforcement is the same.
– Concrete EN: In V+T check, the chapter about interaction between Shear and Torsion on stirrups was simplified. Stresses are directly compared, without recalculation to forces.
– The issue with order of nodes is fixed. There is an issue with non-planarity of LP23. It is necessary to fix manually. One of possible solution is to delete the existing one and input new one. Then no issue appears
– Composite EC: The error in composite check, when Cross-section names were containing dots is fixed. Sections with dots in names are now working properly.
– Concrete: Fix of crash for CDD with ribs
– Nonlinear combination cannot be selected for new CDD calculation
– SCIA Concrete Section: The results on unclosed section polygon (not same begin and end node) could be incorrect. This is fixed and unclosed polygons are automatically closed to have always results in all fibres on section.
– Steel EC-EN: Modified material input to avoid confusion between base properties and properties defined in the Thickness Range Table
– The issue caused by incorrectness of intersections is fixed. The structure is not stable, so it is necessary to stabilize it first.
– Concrete: Correction of old CDD calculation on FEM side
– Connections: Drawing of the diagonal stiffener in relation to the connected beam has been fixed.
– S-teel connections: The presence of the haunch was missing in the routine for calculation of bolt-row obstacles.
– Loads: Fix of filtering properly free point and line load while checking the sum of load
– Cross-sections: Fixed an issue in the calculation of thin-walled sections when three or more thin-walled parts were positioned next to each other.
– Localization: fixed issue in Polish language to display string in some dialogues in proper way.
– Results: fixed coordination system as ‘Member’ for displaying 1D internal forces in 2D projects.
SCIA Engineer 19 brings multiple workflow improvements as well as many new functionalities that will help you handle the analysis of multi-storey buildings and other civil engineering structures with minimum effort while simultaneously increasing the overall efficiency of standard day-to-day tasks.
With SCIA Engineer 19 you will deliver your projects faster thanks to the design accelerated by automation in all the design modules, improved understanding of the response to applied loads and optimisation through parametric design and integration of SCIA Engineer into any tailored solution.
– Accelerated design
Deliver accurate, economical and clearly documented design with minimum effort thanks to new functions like automated design of practical reinforcement in concrete beams, enhanced optimisation for studs in composite floors, camber in design of steel members, etc.
– Improved understanding of the structure
Have full control over your structure and understand its response using analysis of masonry walls with contact elements, integration members for shear walls or bridges, absence for simulation of constructions stages, stiffness modifiers, extended display options for results, etc.
– Optimisation with parametric design
Move your work to a next level with the parametric design capabilities of SCIA Engineer. Take the advantage of the updated XML interface or a brand-new Open API to build your own solution to deliver the most economical, eye-pleasing variant of the project fast and with minimum of manual work.